RE: Beads for Dye Laser

Pizzo,Eugene (Pizzo@nso1.uchc.edu)
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 08:36:07 -0400

Leslie,

I have that arrangement and I use APC and PE-Cy5 beads from FCSC
(Flow Cytometry Standards Corporation) in Puerto Rico. They work
quite well but I must say that's the simplest aspect of running a dye laser.
I'm not sure I understand the rest of your question, obviously you would
want to excite beads separately from each laser. In our set-up we run
FITC, PE, and PE-Cy5 off the argon laser and APC off the rhodamine 6G
Dye laser. On the FACSTar Plus that we have this is a 3/1 configuration.
We found that the 2/2 configuration in which we ran FITC and PE off the
argon and Texas Red and APC off the dye laser required too much
compensation of Texas Red from the FL2 channel.

Gene
----------
From: Leslie Armstrong
To: cyto-inbox
Subject: Beads for Dye Laser
Date: Wednesday, April 09, 1997 12:00AM

Hello,
We are setting up a dye laser with rhodamine 6G to go along with our
argon laser. We were wondering if those of you with dye laser experience
could let us know which are the best best beads to run for laser alignment
that will excite from both lasers? Also, do we need to run beads that will
exite from just one laser or the other? Any other "getting going" tips
would
be appreciated!

Thank You,

Leslie Armstrong-Lea