Re: nylon mesh

Wolfgang Wlach (Wolfgang.Wlach@univie.ac.at)
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 11:57:49 +0000

> Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 15:49:24 -0400 (EDT)
> From: dwrt@BPHVAX.biophysics.rochester.edu (Steve Dewhurst)
>
> I'm trying to find some nylon mesh, sterile (or sterilizable) or
> approx. 100 micron pore size, for breaking up cell clumps....Any
> ideas where I might get this?
>
> Thanks very much
>
> Steve Dewhurst

Steve:

I have an unusual source to add: as these sieves are used in
(silk-)screenprinting, I get those nylon-sieves from a local supplier
here in Austria (would be of no use to add the name and address, I
think).

They come in different mesh-width, and different material (nylon,
polyester, metal, and so on).

I use these (nylon) for flowcytometry, but they are also used in
tissue-culture (so they can be sterilized), and come by square meter
(last time the price was about US$ 100 per sqm, and this is enough
for about 10000 runs).

Maybe this is a cheap source, I think it is worth you check this out.

Hope I could help you

w.w.

Mag. Wolfgang Wlach Institut fuer Pharmakognosie
der Universitaet Wien
wolfgang.wlach@univie.ac.at Pharmaziezentrum

Tel. +43/1/313 36/8270 Althanstr. 14
Fax. +43/1/313 36/772 1090 Wien