Broken Slot Machine Characters on Elite Software

C. Kevin Becker (phnxflow@cts.com)
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 15:25:44 -0800

I will offer a suggestion which you may want to try. There is a "thing"
called a font table in the memory of all PC video cards which is used by
certain DOS graphical programs. In some new fancy video cards, the
manufactor moves this font table without telling anyone. When a program
tries to use this font table, on one of these new video cards, the
characters are not drawn correctly because the software doesn't know that
the font table moved. Usually, if you dig around on the installation
diskettes given with the video card, there will be a TSR that solves this
problem. A TSR is a small program which the PC computer loads up
automatically every time you turn it on. Similar to an init on a MacIntosh.

Hope this works,

C. Kevin Becker
Phoenix Flow Systems, Inc.>