Re: enumeration of CD34+ cells

Kevin G Waddick (waddi002@maroon.tc.umn.edu)
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 13:39:26 -0600 (CST)

Two references that I would suggest:
1. Civin CI, Almeida-Porada G, Lee M-J, et al. Sustained,
retransplantable, multilineage engraftment of highly purified adult human
bone marrow stem cells in vivo. Blood 88(11):4102-4109, 1996.
2. Jordan CT, Yamansaki G, Minamoto D. High-resolution cell cycle
analysis of defined phenotypic subsets within primitive human
hematopoietic cell populations. Experimental Hematology 24:1347-1355, 1996.

Both of these papers are up-to-date on the subject (e.g., ref.2 appearing
just this week in Blood) and neither of them utilizes analysis of CD45
expression to define the stem cell population.

Kevin G. Waddick, Ph.D.
Asst. Professor
University of Minnesota
Biotherapy Institute